Learn how to set up this powerful integration and get your time exported to ADP
Before you start:
Requires an active ADP Workforce Now (WFN) account
The Integration must be purchased, consented to, and completed by the same ClockShark/ADP admin that started the integration
There is a $5/month fee for the connector, that can be attached to your existing ADP Invoice or a new payment method
We recommend scheduling with the ClockShark Integrations Team to walk you through setup, training, and your first export from ClockShark to ADP WFN
If you have more than one ADP Company Code in a single ADP WFN account, or already have an accounting/payroll integration with ClockShark, connect with the ClockShark support team to schedule a special workflow integration.
If your integration includes the optional Cost Number/Job mapping, Earnings Codes/Task mapping, or Pay Rate/Task mapping, we recommend connecting with a ClockShark Integration Specialist. Reach out to the ClockShark Support Team to get the meeting booked with our Integrations Specialist.
If you don’t have an existing ClockShark account or trial start here, otherwise skip to step 2:
1. Login into the ADP Marketplace with your ADP Admin credentials. Select Apps Home > Search "ClockShark" in the search bar. There are two ClockShark options listed, be sure to select the option: “ClockShark Time Tracking for ADP Workforce Now®” and select pricing for ClockShark Standard or Pro (pricing and feature comparison here). Press "Continue", choose your payment method and select "Continue". Review the order and check the box to agree to the Terms of Service and Place Order. After this skip steps 2 & 3 and move to step 4.
If you already have a ClockShark Account or Trial, start here:
2. In ClockShark navigate to Admin > Integrations > +Add ADP. Copy or write down the Activation Code and select the link "Get the ClockShark Data Connector for ADP" which will open the ADP Marketplace in a new tab.
3. Login into the ADP Marketplace with your ADP Admin credentials. Select Apps Home > Search "ClockShark" in the search bar. There are two ClockShark options listed, be sure to select the option "ClockShark Connector for ADP Workforce Now®". Select "Buy Now" and then "Continue".
where it reads “ClockShark LLC requires additional information” click the “Edit” button > enter Activation Code from ClockShark > if you have a discount code, enter it in the discount code area (optional) > then click Next.
Choose your payment method and select "Continue". Review the order and check the box to agree to the Terms of Service and Place Order.
4. In ClockShark, navigate to Admin > Integrations > Manage ADP > select the link "click here to consent to share data with ClockShark". This will bring you into a new tab from the ADP Marketplace where you can approve the connection. After approving the connection, navigate back to the open ClockShark Manage ADP tab and select "Retrieve and Save your Client Credentials in ClockShark".
5. On the Manage ADP page, assign Default ADP Earnings Codes for the Regular Hours, Overtime Hours, and Doubletime Hours tracked in ClockShark. If your ADP account does not track Overtime and/or Doubletime, input the highest level Earnings Code you track into the default Overtime and Doubletime Earnings Code fields.
Note: You can check your Overtime settings in ClockShark, under Admin > Company Settings to ensure they are set up correctly for your business.
6. Map existing ClockShark Employees to existing ADP Employees by selecting the "View & Edit Mappings" button. On the Employees tab, select "Sync ADP Employees". If the Auto Map box is checked, existing employees in ClockShark with the same emails and/or names will map together. Start the sync by pressing "Sync Employees". Employees with different names or spellings can be manually mapped by selecting the pen and pencil edit icon for an unmapped ADP employee and then selecting the correct, unmapped ClockShark employee from the drop-down list and selecting "Update Mapping".
Notes: The Left-Hand column displays ADP users that are available to map ClockShark users to, and the right-hand column shows the ClockShark users mapped to the ADP user. Only ClockShark users tracking time in ClockShark need to be mapped and will be included in the time data export from ClockShark to ADP. The dropdown list will show only Active, unmapped ClockShark Employees. Only ADP users that have been 100% set up in ADP are available options to map to ClockShark users.
7. ClockShark Pro only: To map ClockShark Time Off policies to ADP, select the Time Off mapping tab. Existing ClockShark Time Off Policies are visible on the left-hand column. To map them to the correct corresponding ADP Earnings Code, select the pen and paper edit icon for an unmapped Policy, and select the correct ADP Earnings Code from the drop-down to Update Mapping.
Notes: Time imported against ADP Earnings codes for Time Off, will not be automatically subtracted from the Time Off balance for an Employee and must be manually subtracted. One ADP Earnings code can be mapped to multiple ClockShark Time Off Policies.
8. Optional: It’s possible to map ClockShark Tasks to ADP Pay Rates, to enable time data imported into ADP to be broken apart into multiple ADP Pay Rates. By default, time exported from ClockShark will reference the Employees' base pay rate. Learn more here.
Note: It’s important that ClockShark Employees tracking time against a Task mapped to an ADP Pay Rate, have that Pay Rate assigned to them in ADP. If they do not, time data exported against that Task/Employee will import into ADP referencing the Employee's base pay rate.
9. Optional: ClockShark Tasks can also be mapped to ADP Earnings Codes, to enable time data imported into ADP to be broken apart into multiple sets of Earnings codes. Learn more here.
10. Optional: ClockShark Jobs can also be mapped to ADP Cost Numbers on the Cost Number mapping tab. Time tracked against a ClockShark Job mapped to an ADP Cost Number, will import into ADP referencing that Cost Number in the Temporary Cost Number column on the ADP Paydata batch.
If you have any questions along the way please feel free to contact our Support team and get ready for answers!