You are trying to update QuickBooks and oh know you just ran into this error! ❌
This error can also pop up if the QWC file is accidentally removed, a recent update affected your QuickBooks at all, you got a new computer, or you are trying to set up multiple users to be able to run the QuickBooks Web Connector. But don't fret, there is a really quick and simple fix for you to get your QuickBooks back to communicating with ClockShark! 😀
You simply have to update the Owner ID/File ID of your QWC file to be a unique value. This QWC file is a identification file that helps QuickBooks communicate correctly with your specific ClockShark account. Here's how to do this:
1. On ClockShark navigate to [Admin] > [Integrations] > [Manage]. Click on "Download QWC file"
2. Find the file (depending on how many files you have it could be called ClockShark or ClockShark with a number) in your downloads and right-click it. Select Open with > Notepad 📄
3. Once the file is open find the row labeled <OwnerID> and change that last #1 to be a #2. And then right under it for the <FileID>, change that last capital C to be a capital D. This will change your QWC file to be a unique file that can be use for multiple accounts.
Note: If you have added multiple QWC files, you may need to changes these values to "3" and "E". Just anything that will make the file a unique value.
4. Next click File > Save in the upper left and close the file. 💾
5. Then open up that file with the Web Connector by right clicking it again and selecting "Open with QuickBooks Web Connector". You can also open up the Web Connector, select "Add an application" and then selecting the file you just edited. 💻
Note: You must be logged in as an Admin and in single-user mode in QuickBooks when adding or re-adding a QWC to the Web Connector. After this first time you can use it outside of these parameters. Also note that if you have to remove a file from the Web Connector, that correct company file has to be open in QuickBooks first for you to successfully remove it.
6. After the file is successfully added, simply enter in the ClockShark password for the account that downloaded the QWC file, check the box for the company on the left hand side, and press "Update Selected." ✅
7. That should do it! If everything is green and looking good, then you are all set to get your business back to making some green!! 💸 💰