Job Stages are here to help you keep your jobs organized and help track the life cycle that your jobs go through. These are fully customizable so you can be sure that they will fit whatever workflows you have for your company. To get started, navigate to Admin > Company Settings.
1. On the Company Settings page, scroll down near the bottom until you see the stages.
2. We provide you with some sample stages to get started. Feel free to add, edit, or delete these. You can also create as many stages as you would like.
3. Use the dots next the stage to reorder the stage, and use the "x" to delete that stage.
4. Once you have added all your desired stages, you are ready to use them around the website!
Assigning Job Stages
Now that the stages are created, you can update the stage for each job so they reflect the current stage that they are in. You can do this in a few different areas.
- When creating a new Job with the stage drop down
- Updating the stage directly from the Jobs list with the three dot menu
- Bulk updating the stages on the Jobs list with the check boxes on the left
- When viewing the Job details page with the "Actions" drop down
- Updating the stage when viewing the jobs for a Customer with the same three dot menu
Utilizing Job Stages
Once you have your job stages created and know how to assign them, you are still not done! You can use these jobs stages to help you in many different areas around the website.
On the Jobs page you can take advantage of the job stages in a couple different ways. First, you can click the "Stage" column header to sort your jobs with the same stage order you created back on the Company Settings page. You can also use the filter to view jobs on a certain stage.
When viewing the Timesheets page by each job (switch to jobs in the upper right corner), you can view which stage each job is in. This is helpful for a quickly weekly glance of the current stage of each job.
On the Schedules page you can filter out the jobs with a certain stage which can be incredible useful. You can filter down to only jobs that need to be scheduled, only jobs that need electrical work done, or maybe jobs that have hit a snag and don't need a scheduled shift anymore.
And that is how you can set up and utilize our new Job Stages! If you have any questions along the way please feel free to contact our Support team and get ready for answers! 🏆