If the employee already exists in ClockShark, go immediately to step 1. If not, first add the employee to ClockShark 👍
Note: This assumes you have already created the employee in QuickBooks. If you haven't go add them as well. ✅
Its great to know that with the QuickBooks Online version you have a couple awesome options. You can actually create jobs/customers and tasks/service items from either ClockShark or QuickBooks and the same item will be automatically created in the other service. That is what the "Auto-Map" Direction will be at the top right of the main page of the QBO integration page. So you can choose for the flow to go from QuickBooks to ClockShark or ClockShark to QuickBooks 😀
Or you can simply choose the "None" option which means you will have to do everything manually but you will also have full control 👌
Just note that timesheets can only flow from ClockShark to QuickBooks and employees/vendors have to being imported from QuickBooks back to ClockShark.
- Go to Admin > Integrations > QuickBooks + "Manage" > Create New Mappings
- This will walk you through each aspect between ClockShark and QuickBooks. So the "Customers" tab will be used to create new jobs in ClockShark. While the "Jobs" tab can create a new job in QuickBooks. The "Employees" and "Vendors" tab will create new employees in ClockShark. And lastly the "Service Items" tab will create new tasks in ClockShark, while the "Tasks" tab will be used to create new service items in QuickBooks 🔃 😎
- Then you can review all of your choices and create them and map them together.
- To edit mappings that you have already done, go to Admin > Integrations > QuickBooks + "Manage" > View & Edit Existing Mappings
- Click the "Employees" tab in the middle of the screen.
- Find the correct QuickBooks Employee on the left
- Click the pen icon to edit the mappings for the QuickBooks employee.
- From the drop down menu, choose the correct ClockShark employee you'd like to map to the QuickBooks employee.
- Click "Update Mappings" to finalize your choice. 😃
This will be the same process for mapping together Customers/Jobs in QuickBooks with Jobs in ClockShark and also with Service Items from QuickBooks to Tasks in ClockShark.
If you have any questions along the way please feel free to contact our Support team and get ready for answers! 🏆