The reports section of your administrative website gives you access to your time data by employee, job or task in just a few clicks. You can view and download the reports, or export them as CSV files you can open in a spreadsheet program or import into other software.
To access your reports, simply go the to "Reports" item in the top menu, and select the report you want to run from the drop-down list.
On the reports page, you can switch between the reports using the tabs at the top.
The available reports are:
- Timesheets Report: A weekly report with one employee and week per page, broken down by job and task with regular and overtime totals
- Employees Summary Report: A weekly report with each employee's daily total hours
- Jobs Summary Report: A weekly report with each job's daily total hours
- Employee Details Report: A report with the clock in and out times for each job and task by employee with daily totals
- Job Details Report: A report with clock in and out times for each employee and task by job with daily totals
- Task Details Report: A report with clock in and out times for each employee and job by task with daily totals
- Task Summary Report: A weekly report with each task's daily total hours
- Paid Time Off: A weekly report that will show each approved PTO and sick time for each employee
- Pay Rate: Simple pay rate calculator that will show how money money you owe an employee for a job based on their pay rate and overtime settings. Learn more about its set up and use here!
- CSV Export: a report that downloads a CSV file with rows for each time segment that includes the employee, job, task, job number, task code, start time, end time, break minutes, billable minutes, total minutes (break + billable) and Hour Minute or Decimal Hours time (depending on your account settings).
Each report has filters you can use to select what data will be included in that report. Every report allows you to specify a date range and what employees (or Departments and Locations) you want to be included. The weekly reports will automatically default to the current week. But all other reports will default to the maximum date distance allowed. For example, the Timesheets report will default to the current week, while the Job Details report will default to the last 365 days. So be sure and double-check that the dates you are using are correct!
Some reports have other unique filters, like being able to select which jobs to include on the Jobs Summary and Job Detail reports or what tasks to include on the Task Summary and Task Detail reports. There is also a checkbox to indicate whether you want the notes attached to time segments included in the Employee Details, Job Details, Task Detail or CSV Export reports.
Viewing or Exporting Reports
Once you have the report and filters you want selected, you can either view or download the report as a PDF or download a CSV version of the report. You can view or download a PDF version of the report by selecting the option you want from the PDF drop-down menu. Each PDF report is available in portrait or landscape orientation.
Alternatively, you can download a CSV file of each report by using the Download CSV button. CSV files can be opened in spreadsheet programs like Excel or Google Sheets and is a great choice if we want to reformat or further analyze your time data.
If you need to import your time data into another program for job costing or to run payroll, the CSV Export report is the best option to use. Even though all reports can be downloaded as a CSV file, most have been formatted with extra rows and columns to make it easier for people to read. While this extra formatting is good for humans, it's not ideal for software imports. 😃