ClockShark's facial recognition technology is a powerful tool available to your company which snaps a photo of your employees when they clock in for work, and embeds the picture in their timesheet.
Using state-of-the-art machine learning, ClockShark recognizes your employees when they clock in–and notifies you if it can't. ⚠️
It's the perfect defense against buddy-punching, and the photo capture has no memory limit. So snap away! 😉
How It Works
- To enable the photo capture setting, navigate to Admin > Employees.
- Click the pen icon to edit a specific employee.
- Scroll down to the KioskClock settings and check both boxes to enable KioskClock and photo capture. (If the employee is already using KioskClock, check only the photo capture box.)
4. Create a PIN for the employee to use at the KioskClock.
5. Scroll down and click the "Update Employee" button.
Now that the employee has the appropriate settings and PIN enabled, when they clock-in via the KioskClock, the camera will automatically take a picture of the employee. 📷
In the Timesheets > View Timesheets screen, you will see the employee's picture beside their clock-in time. You will also see an error alert if the wrong employee's face is captured.
Things To Note about Photo Capture
- First Impressions Are Everything: After photo capture is enabled for an employee, their first clock-in picture must be of them. ClockShark uses the first picture as a reference photo, so if anyone pulls the ol' bait-and-switch with their mugshot, all future photos will flag an error. If you are ever the victim of random photo-bombing and need your first picture reset, please let us know. 👍
- You Can Be Picky: Like Manager Permissions, photo capture is enabled on an employee-by-employee basis. You get to choose which employees are on candid camera, and which ones aren't.
- Your Vacation Pics Are Safe: The first time you use KioskClock after enabling photo capture, ClockShark will request permission to access your camera and photos. This is only to retrieve the employee's picture, and include it in their timesheet. That means, unless we're friends on Facebook, we'll never see the pictures of your cruise to Hawaii. 👌
You are all set to begin using photo capture for your company!