To fully integrate ClockShark with QuickBooks you must have some kind of payroll enabled. You can purchase a subscription from Intuit if you would like, but if you want to use the manual payroll option instead, you have to correctly enable it in QuickBooks. If your QuickBooks is located on a server you will want to follow all of these steps. If your QuickBooks is located on a local machine you may want to skip ahead to step #4. If you have a QuickBooks version before 2019 you may want to skip ahead to step #6.
Steps 1-3 Apply when QuickBooks is on a server
1. We always want to make sure we have a back-up of your company to avoid future headaches. 🚑 Go ahead and create a backup of your company in QuickBooks by going to File > Backup Company > Create Local Backup. Save this and name it something memorable. 💾
2. Next, create a copy of your company file or create another backup in order to enable the manual payroll. ✏️💲
3. Grab either the backup of your company or the copy of your company file and open it on a local machine.
Note: (For the backup option, you have to open QB and then click “Open or Restore Existing Company”)
4. In QuickBooks go to Help > QuickBooks Desktop Help 💻
You need the correct help menu in order to enable manual payroll. If your help menu looks like this then you need to access the old help menu.
5. In order to do this, you have to disable your internet. The easiest way to do this is to click on your wifi/ethernet in the bottom right corner and select “Network & Internet settings.” Then click on “Change adapter options”. Right click on either your wifi or ethernet, and select “disable.” 🔌📶❌
6. Now that the internet is disabled, go back to Help > QuickBooks Desktop Help and your help menu should now look like this. ✅
7. Search for “Enable manual payroll” and click on “Process payroll manually (without a subscription to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll)”.
8. A new help article will pop up and you can then select “Set your company file to use the manual payroll calculations setting”.
Lastly, click on “Set my company files to use manual calculations”. 👍 😃
9. Congratulations! QuickBooks now has the manual payroll option enabled and you can turn your internet back on and watch Netflix again! 🎥 🎬
10. You can make sure it is set up correctly by going to Lists > Payroll Item List. Here you can create payroll items to connect in ClockShark. 🕐 🦈
If you have any questions along the way please feel free to contact our Support team and get ready for answers! 🏆