I suggest you ...

Make GPS ping time adjustable

Make GPS ping time adjustable between 5 minutes and 30 minutes in 5 minute increments per employee. That would allow for tighter control on troublesome employees and looser control on good employees.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    AdminCliff Mitchell (Co-Founder, ClockShark) responded  · 

Hi Glen,

This is a really great suggestion! Currently, ClockShark updates an employee’s location at 15 minute intervals. This is a conservative interval that ensures that employee cell batteries aren’t taxed by using their GPS.

Thanks for explaining why a different interval would be so helpful to your company. As your idea catches steam here on our voting page, we’ll look into adding that to ClockShark. :)

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminCliff Mitchell (Co-Founder, ClockShark) commented  · 

Hi Glen,

This is a really great suggestion! Currently, ClockShark updates an employee's location at 15 minute intervals. This is a conservative interval that ensures that employee cell batteries aren't taxed by using their GPS.

Thanks for explaining why a different interval would be so helpful to your company. As your idea catches steam here on our voting page, we'll look into adding that to ClockShark. :)

@Jerry: Thanks for taking the time to share your support! Much Appreciated!

• Jerry commented  · 

This is a very good idea to show location between jobs for time schedules to inform customers if a employee is going to be late on arrival. This show good Public Relations with customers.

• Angela Maxwell commented  · 

Ability for administrators to control how often GPS updates for each employee.

Feedback and Knowledge Base