I suggest you ...

GPSTRAK control and accountability

It would be really fantastic if you guys could do some tweaking to this. Right now it's a bit of guess work as everything is lumped together. You can't tell which way is up or down so to speak.Direction and accuracy are getting lost in translation.I feel there should be a feature to enable a little more control over how many times you're able to ping a device and its accuracy. I understand the concern for battery drain when using continuous tracking, however, what if it were an option. Such as, you already have a standard preset number of hourly pings, and you sandwich them together to show trak location.The issue with this is that you cannot tell which way they are moving or what time they moved etc. because there is no separation or variance. Why not offer an option to
A) show the direction they are moving N,S,E,W
B) separate the times so they are shown accurately and not all listing the same time.
C) allow an option to activate more device pings, on demand. Essentially this allows you to have more control of the feature, and gives a secure sense of accuracy when tracking. I offer my guys an allowance for using the app, and provide chargers for them, so there's no concern for battery drainage or excuses. More control over the tracking would be really awesome if you cannot create a continuous system across the board. This app is genius and has so many amazing attributes and features, I love using it. However, the need for targeted continuous tracking is also paramount to job costing and bottom lines. Please consider this in your reviews of ideas, thanks.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    crys shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • crys commented  · 

@Cliff I will keep an eye out for the new version. Any hints on features? Any improvement is a start, and step in the right direction. I previously used a well known vehicle tracking system that I won't name. It was highly accurate, but also highly unnavigable and not user friendly. That's the beauty of ClockShark, it combines so many ideas, yet is simple to navigate and use. I think there are quite a few things you guys could implement over time that could improve user enhancement and accuracy. I also really appreciate the capability of users being able to submit their personal feedback and ideas. The GPSTrak feature is so important to my business. I have a lot of field guys, unfortunately not all are honest creatures. So the need to know where they are at all times is paramount to my overall bottom line. They will do whatever they can to avoid tracking. Thank you so much for considering these ideas. Again, you guys are doing an awesome job with this app, I truly look forward to seeing how things roll out and grow in the upcoming year. Thanks again!!

• AdminCliff Mitchell (Co-Founder, ClockShark) commented  · 

Thanks for the kind feedback Crys. Good news, you'll see a brand new version of GPSTrak rolled out shortly, which improves the viewing of events greatly. We're also considering a setting for ping frequency although no decisions have been made yet. I'll pass along your feedback on that one!

Feedback and Knowledge Base