I suggest you ...

Job Cost Analysis Report

A report that could tell me how much I have spent in wages including overtime on specific jobs. Ideally we could even enter our employee wages into Clock Shark so you could do that math for us. For example, in February, Steve (who makes $31.50/hour) had 25.5 reg hours and 2 OT hours at the Smith job and Eric (who makes $13.87/hour )had 12.7 reg hours and 7.6 OT hours at the smith job. So at the Smith job I spent ____________ on wages in total.

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MikeMike shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

This can be easily done using a CSV download to excel, pivot tables, and a formula. I have created three different ones for my employer and reporting takes less than a minute, complete with jobs and burdens.

It is a good idea - but for now, there is an easy work around.

• JessicaJessica commented  · 

Yes, this would be excellent. And for those using QB integration, ideally the hourly rate could be mapped from QB with the rest of the employee information?

• samsam commented  · 

Hey Luke. Ive got my hole crew on clockshark now and its working quite well. There is one major thing that doesnt work for me though.
        The hole reason I got clockshark is to A) keep track of where and what time my employees sign in and out of job and B) How much labor each job is costing me.
        This app is taking care of the first part, but the second part not so much. It is tracking the amount of hours into each job, but not the cost of those hours.
        Because if I did a job that was 1000 hours, I could do it with three guys that are $12.00 each or three guys that are $35.00 each. The two outcomes would obviously different.
        I would like if I was able to set each employees wage/labour burden, so at the end of the week I can see that Job 1 is at 200 hours and $12,232.00 labour cost up to date.
        The way most construction companys budget jobs is with labour hours, as well as total labour costs, so this would give me true labour costing on each job.
        Going forward into similiar jobs I would know exactly how much similiar jobs have cost me in the past. The only part of only knowing the hours is that the cost of the hours can vary from project to project.
        Anyways, thats just a small suggestion that may be easy for you guys to implement, and in my eyes make this app much more valuable people.
        I would love getting my weekly summary saying

Job # 1: 432 hours $10,200.00
        Job #2 20 hours $400.00

• Anonymous commented  · 

Exactly what I am looking to do also

Feedback and Knowledge Base