I suggest you ...

List GPS time signatures pinged for an employee.

When an employee is a 1 spot for a while all the GPS location pings are "pancaked" one on top of the other, so finding the "latest" ping at that location can be challenging and take multiple attempts, then sometimes you can never be sure THAT time was the latest if an employee leaves the job site and didn't clock out like they were supposed to.
Having access to a list of times the employee was pinged, in chronological order, would be helpful. Then I can take the time the employee left the site and the time they were pinged before that would be the last time they were at the job site.
Seems to be an easy solution to a "Where's Waldo" situation.

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Linley Meisch shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminCliff Mitchell (Co-Founder, ClockShark) responded  · 

Hi Linley :)

I am happy to share that we have just released an updated view of the GPS Trak feature that removes the pancaked (that is a great image of how that used to work!) view of GPS pings. Using the new feature, you can move step-by-step through an employee’s day and see all recorded GPS locations individually. No more “Where’s Waldo”. :)

If you’d like to read more about it, you can do so at https://www.clockshark.com/Blog/feature-update-all-new-gpstrak/. Will you let me know what you think of that updated feature?

The one thing we love more than hearing customer suggestions is making them a reality. Thanks for your patience as we updated that feature for you! If you have any other questions or suggestions, let me know so I can pass them along!

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Has there been any progress with this?

• Linley Meisch commented  · 

When an employee GPS is pinged, the time stamps are sandwiched on top of one another on the map. Making it impossible to find a specific time in the middle of the 'sandwich'
        Have a list, off to the side, of times (hour and minute AM/PM) that the GPS pinged location.

• AdminCliff Mitchell (Co-Founder, ClockShark) commented  · 

Hi Linley, yep that is a valid concern and something we are aware of. We should have some user interface improvements for you soon that prevent what you are mentioning or provide additional ways to see the chronology of pings. Thanks for sharing the concern and suggestion. Much appreciated!

Feedback and Knowledge Base