I suggest you ...

Add the ability to insert a note on a specific day, without having to add time. Such as when an employee takes a vacation day or is sick.

For example,
John Smith, did not work. On vacation today.
or John Smith, did not work. Took personal day.
Something to have a reference for that particular day.

275 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rick Ward shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    AdminCliff Mitchell (Co-Founder, ClockShark) responded  · 

Thanks for sharing your support for this idea here! As support continues to mount for this idea, our development team will plan how to bring this to you in ClockShark. :)

Reading this idea, and all the comments below, I can see that the consensus is that administrators would like a way to designate an Off/Holiday/PTO day, without having to insert any time for an employee. Currently, in ClockShark there is an available workaround that’s equivalent to the feature being requested.

If you’d like to see how to designate that an employee will be taking (or took) a day off, Morgan from our Customer Success team explains how to do that here: https://soapbox.wistia.com/videos/SkNhqgi9Kc

Feel free to let me know if this video is helpful, or if you have any other suggestions/ideas regarding how we can improve ClockShark for you. I love hearing your ideas.

37 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Frank commented  · 

It would be nice to have a day off/vacation/sick day feature to fill the schedule with when an employee is off work for those reasons on a day.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Is this ever going to be an option? Looks like comments date back almost 2 years.

• Melissa Eng commented  · 

The ability to Add "zero" time for employees who took a sick day or vacation day. This will help to track when an employee was not at work.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be very helpful. I have to account and call anyone that is not scheduled and have to track on paper anyone taking a vacation day or sick day.

• Kent Johnson commented  · 

An easy way for employees to add vacation days to their time sheets.

• Marci commented  · 

This would be helpful so we know that someone didn't just forget to log their hours. It would save time in researching, calling, etc.

• Julio commented  · 

when you have more than 20 employees and revise each time card on a weekly basis, They or the administrator should have the option to punch in a 0 hr day. that way you dnt have to call 5 people and verify where they worked or if the work that day.

• KGraver commented  · 

Absolutely! My company runs crews out of state and this would limit my calls and texts asking what the deal is, whether they forgot to clock in, are sick, etc. I also agree with the Vacation option as well, especially if the employee were able to see their own report or list of the days they didn't work when scheduled and what their reasoning was.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please add this feature.

• Linley Meisch commented  · 

POST-IT NOTES to schedule board.
        Have the ability to write notes on a certain day without having to schedule a job to do so.

• kristinbergunder commented  · 

Ray - we currently have "vacation" and "holiday" listed as a job as well as a task so when the time is payable our HR Manager manually adds time to their time sheet for that day paying them 8 hours and selects either of those in order to allocate the paid time properly. Unfortunately it is a tad time consuming when every employee receives holiday pay, however it does give the option to put the time in so it contributes to total time for the week. She does have to keep a mental note for any OT it calculates for the week that it is paid out in straight time should the holiday or vacation time be the reason the hours rolled over in to OT.

• Matt commented  · 

Yeah, I'd like the option to create custom tag options (ex. Vacation, Sick, Personal, Bad Weather, No Show, or OFF) to the schedule for my employees to see and for our own records as well. Also, wether the day is a PAID day off or UNPAID day off. I tried to set something like this up as a job, but then it allowed certain employees to clock in and it's just too confusing that way. We need another option for this.

• Rick Ward commented  · 

Having the ability to zero the time boxes and leave notes for a particular day would be beneficial when keeping a record of non work days due to weather or vacations, or holidays.

• TIM K. commented  · 

I addressed this by adding a job as "OFF" and task for "vacation" or "sick".

• Anonymous commented  · 

Absolutely necessary! We are required to account for all employees, each payroll period, whether with worked hours or vacation time.

• Anonymous commented  · 

How do you log this in ClockShark?

• Ray commented  · 

Would it be possible to add notes only to an employee's Timesheet? For instance, being able to make a notation that an employee was away on vacation or was out sick.

← Previous 1 2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base