I suggest you ...

Allow users to make a photo note to the boss with a short audio recording or allow documents and PDFs to be attached and shared.

Typing takes time and can be difficult especially when you're working with your hands and a picture says a thousand words. Employees should be able to easily take a picture and speak a note to the boss with one hand. Example: "We need 2 more of these." with a picture of the code on a paint can lid. The uses would be endless. The app could also convert the audio notes to text and send the pic and text as an email or text message to the boss or supervisor. The admin could also share PDFs or photos with the employee on a specific job.

125 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminCliff Mitchell (Co-Founder, ClockShark) responded  · 

We’re happy to announce that a preview of the new file attachments feature is now available. From the mobile app, employees can now attach photos (or any other document) to their time sheet and you’ll be able to see it alongside their timesheet. You can even see the files appear in real-time from your Who’s Working Now Screen. Like magic! Let us know what you think!

And if you’re not currently a ClockShark customer you can start a free trial by visiting the website at https://www.clockshark.com/Signup

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shawn Afshani commented  · 

Please add the ability to view a larger than a thumbnail photo on the "Who's working now" page.

• Sandra commented  · 

Great we would use this everyday. Guys take pictures now but forget to send in.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is essential to our work. we take photos of completed jobs. It would be great to attach them to the job.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is such a simple basic feature in ANY app of ANY kind. Why can't this be done to Clockshark? The lack of this feature is preventing me from switching from BusyBusy.

• titus.w commented  · 

we need to add work orders to the jobs (pdf attachment is fine) asap as we cant get enough info out to our engineers and have to use a different system to do it which is silly when we communicate the job via clockshark....

• Joe commented  · 

It looks like there's been plans to include an "add photo" option for well over a year. When can we expect this feature? I've looked at other software and would prefer to stay with Clockshark. Unfortunately, if this feature isn't coming soon, it may push me to another product. Cliff, I'm disappointed to see that you posted almost a full year ago that it was "planned for inclusion soon" and there's still nothing.

• Will Lyster commented  · 

In the job description field, a working hyperlink to online files (such as PDF plans or work orders) would be great. As it is now, you can't even copy the text.

• jmurphy42 commented  · 

I agree that this would be very beneficial..

• Adam commented  · 

Cliff, just checked by Android devices... no mic button exist.

• Adam commented  · 

Attachments and photos was going to my suggestion post also and really needs to be considered sooner rather then later. Allowed 4 months for improvements and this feature will determine if I stay or move on!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Being able to attach a file such as a work order to a job so a employee can see a job on their schedule, be able to click on it and access the w/o

• John commented  · 

Yes! This feature is highly important.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We do punch out. this would also work for specific damage. The recording would be nice but that would be a perk. A picture, timestamp and notes all posted in the notes would be great.

• Fred Peters commented  · 

Why not just take a photo and text it in? Or if implemented, make it an add on option for those who do not need it.

• Julie commented  · 

Hi - is the photo function added as yet?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Great for reordering supplies...

• Jakub Kristl commented  · 

Allow employees to submit receipts using their cameras on the phone. That way the job report can also include purchases they made at stores for the job. This would allow us to ensure we receive all of our receipts for each job and do not have to worry about missed tickets from invoices when we bill out.

• tim commented  · 

We planning to use for scheduling and juggling staff between sites so 2 way feedback functions be great. If could send notifications be good and also a shared scheduling so people can see where others are scheduled to or at least who else is schjeduled on site with them- especially for forman.

• wormshaw commented  · 

add journal and attach photo to each journal entry?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base