I suggest you ...

Take a picture of the employee at clock-in and clock-out with camera in phone.

Employee's smartphone camera should be used to take a picture of the employee when he clocks in in order to identify him and his location on jobsite at that time. This eliminates buddy clock ins or clocking in from a car parked outside the jobsite.

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    AdminCliff Mitchell (Co-Founder, ClockShark) responded  · 

This is something we have begun hearing more-and-more, so we’ll be looking into this for you. Currently, as was pointed out in the comments below, employees can use the “Notes & Attachments” feature to upload a picture of themselves if asked to do so.

As more support comes in for this idea, we’ll keep you updated on its status. If there is any other feedback or ideas related to the idea of mandatory pictures of employees when clocking in, please share them below, or let me know at cliff@clockshark.com

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeremy Jon commented  · 

Adding facial recognition, or an option to insist that a photo of the employee and/or job site be take, as an option to the clock in process would help further eliminate possible buddy punching. At the moment, a photo can be taken and attached after hitting a series of 5-6 buttons before or after clocking in. Simple is better when dealing with some guys in the field.

Feedback and Knowledge Base