General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Require Notes entry at clockout.

Would really, really , really love to have a feature that I could enable in employee settings that would allow me to make adding notes into a time card mandatory on a per employee basis. Then I could hopefully stop reminding and reminding and clock shark would remind / require it prior to clocking out.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hi, David! Thanks for posting your idea to the Voting Forum. Let’s let folks share their support for it, and then we can consider it for a future update. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions!

• Direct Employee Messaging

There should be a way for an Admin to directly message the phone of all (or certain) employees through ClockShark.

148 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Chris!

Depending on what information needs to be communicated to employees (schedule changes, upcoming job start time), there may already be a notification available in ClockShark. Feel free to check out http://help.clockshark.com/knowledgebase/articles/1133746-using-notifications to see how those notifications suit your needs. :)

Regarding the ability to craft particular messages and send them directly through the app, this is a request that we are hearing more-and-more. I’m sharing this with our development team, and we’ll continue to monitor the votes here for this idea, so we can know when we should add that for you.

If you have any other ideas or suggestions, you can let me know at cliff@clockshark.com. I love to hear how we can improve ClockShark for you.

• Improved vacation tracking

I would love to see better vacation and reporting features:
        -a separate line item on reports that totals vacation hours
        -Quickbooks integration for vacation hours
        -vacation time requests within the app that would automatically add the vacation hours once the request is approved

Features that would be handy, though not essential:
        -vacation accrual tracking, so employees could see how much time they have available and how much they've used in the pay period
        -settings that auto-fill vacation if employee hasn't worked the weekly minimum hours (i.e. 40)

61 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the input, everyone, on how you would like to see Vacation tracking integrated with ClockShark. It looks like this idea is very specific, and has many parts, so please keep voting and adding as much detail as possible, so we know exactly what to add for you.

As we respond to the suggestions with the most votes, we’ll keep you updated in the “comments” section. Thanks for taking the time to share the features you’d like to see added to ClockShark. :)

• Schedule Tool

Within the schedule tool, It would be awesome if we could add jobs to the schedule and later apply an empolyee to the project. Currently the job requires an immediate employee to be assigned. Adding such a feature would allow a company to schedule the jobs and manage things easier for how my company runs. Just a thought I wanted to share.

17 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion, Cameron! I love to hear user input on how we can improve ClockShark for you.

Let’s let folks vote on your idea so we can consider adding it in a future feature release. If you have any other ideas or suggestions, you can let me know at hello@clockshark.com :)

• schedule

I would like a option for schedule days off , holidays etc. also would like to have the scheduler go at least a month out I know you can go a month but I think it should be like the one week two week option.

15 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Joe,

A great way that our customers note holidays and off days in ClockShark is by naming both a Job & Task as “OFF” or “Holiday”, and then placing it in employee timesheets and schedules. Do you think that helps out with keeping track of those days?

With respect to the schedule view, you are correct. The month view of the scheduler does look a little different, just to display all days in the month in one screen. I’ll definitely pass along your suggestion for making that like the single/double week view.

We’ll also monitor the votes here to see what other ClockShark users think of the idea too! I’d love to hear any other suggestions you may have.

• copy entries

copy and past on timesheets

25 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

• Custom Reports

Allow an option for setting up a custom report. I want to be able to spit out my employees time sheets in a certain order like by day with job number, task, total time that day for that task, and then a sum total of the hours worked that day as well as a week total. Right now I have to get an excel file from clock shark and then convert formats and copy and paste it into a excel template I've made. It's very time consuming.

38 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

• Color Labels for Jobs and Tasks within App to make it easier to select from a large list.

If the Job or Task was Colored, then the background of that item could reflect it in the app so that you could quickly locate the group of tasks/jobs you were looking for.

16 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

• Daily Hours Manual Entry Per Task

At the end of the day the supervisor can enter in each workers hours per task, not start and stop times. This would also apply to personal time entry for each individual.

11 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Admin →

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

• Calendar Search Feature

When in the calendar, there needs to be a Search field, so we can see if a particular job or appointment has already been put on the calendar, and when it is scheduled.

10 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make GPS ping time adjustable

Make GPS ping time adjustable between 5 minutes and 30 minutes in 5 minute increments per employee. That would allow for tighter control on troublesome employees and looser control on good employees.

9 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Glen,

This is a really great suggestion! Currently, ClockShark updates an employee’s location at 15 minute intervals. This is a conservative interval that ensures that employee cell batteries aren’t taxed by using their GPS.

Thanks for explaining why a different interval would be so helpful to your company. As your idea catches steam here on our voting page, we’ll look into adding that to ClockShark. :)

• Job Grouping

It would be helpful to be able to sort jobs by some sort of category, similar to what you can do with Employees and Departments. All of our jobs are assigned to specific manager it would be nice to be able to sort the jobs by the particular manager. Secondly some of our Jobs have multiple job site address. To allow ClockShark to work we have to separate the job into multiple Jobs in ClockShark. This is fine, but it would be nice to group these separate jobs in ClockShark.

9 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Admin →

• Limit Who can Export Time

Employees on the website should not have the ability to export their own time to QBs. The button "Export to QuickBooks" should be visible only to admins.

8 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing your support for this idea here! As support continues to mount for this idea, our development team will plan how to bring this to you in ClockShark. :)

• kiosk mode time punch

I would like to have a kiosk mode type of time punch. I have guys out the the shop environment that i would like to punch in using a dedicated computer station. The problem so far is the need to log in and out with passwords is a bit time consuming. Not all my guys have smart phones and the ones who do i would rather not go that route as it could lead to them texting and playing around with the phone during production hours

28 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this idea Charlie. We like the idea of a kiosk feature too, and would love to hear feedback from anyone else that would like to see one. Send in your votes if you’d like to see it.

• Warning, Flag or Error notice for overlapping times on time sheet

It would be very helpful if the time sheet would provide some sort of flag, caution, or error notice that 2 jobs have overlapping times allocated to them. Without an automated warning, there’s a very real possibility that an administrator won’t catch the error and an employee will be overpaid.

7 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Auto Clock In & Auto Clock Out, Based on GPS Location & Geo Fences

I would LOVE to see the option on Clock Shark !!

There are already other products that offer the same functionality of Auto Clock In & Auto Clock Out, Based on GPS Location & Geo-Fences.
                                  Its offered by a company called (My geo-tracking) they call it a touchless time card & it doesn't even require an app to be installed on the phone.

The only issue that the online dashboard and setup process for us managers is complicated and confusing.
                                  clock shark is much more user-friendly.

13 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  Admin →

• Add a separate field for Parts/Tools Used

Add a Parts/Tools Used Field, much like the notes field.

In our line of business we use all sorts of tools and do many runs for parts everyday, a place to input those aside from the notes field would be superb! Please and Thank You!

41 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Job Site Crew List

Be able to select a job site and have a drop-down for all personnel assigned to that particular job.

2 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing this idea in the Voting Forum, Peter. We look forward to seeing how other users respond to it. We’re committed to implementing the ideas with the most votes. Feel free to let us know if you have any other suggestions or ideas!

• you should be able to add attachments from the schedule screen , not have to go back to the jobs screen every time.

it make no sense that we would need to go to jobs screen to add attachments without option to add at schedule screen , since jobs are changing and being updated all the time, would be quicker and more efficient to add on the go and when setting up schedule .

10 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing this idea here, James. We hear this suggestion from time to time, so it will be great to have this post where folks can register their support.

We will keep this under consideration for a future update.

• Payrates for reports

It would be nice if there was a way to put in the employees pay rate so when you run a report on a job you can see not only the hours but also how many hours per employee times their pay rate to have a more accurate accounting of the total job labor cost.

61 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestions! We are receiving this request more frequently, so we’ll consider adding it on a future update.

Anyone interested in this feature, please vote and share your thoughts so we have a great idea of who would like to see this feature.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
                                          • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base